top of page

You have made the decision to marry.


This is a most exciting time in your life.  You and your partner have decided to show the world that you are not just a couple.  You want to have an officially recognized civil marriage ceremony! 


Like most things, there are some steps that you must follow. As an authorized Alberta Marriage Commissioner, I can help with some of those steps.

Obtain an Alberta Marriage Licence at an Alberta Registry
You and your partner must go to an Alberta Registry Agent to obtain an Alberta Marriage Licence.  It allows you to be married within the next three months.



The actual wedding ceremony can be anywhere in Alberta, indoors or out.  In addition to the Marriage Commissioner, two adults are required to witness the ceremony, and then sign the marriage registration form.​
As Marriage Commissioner, I complete all the forms and submit them to Service Alberta - Registries Vital Statistics.  Once the marriage is registered, you can obtain a marriage certificate from an Alberta Registry Office.

The Registration of Marriage is submitted to Service Alberta Department of Vital Statistics .

Have a ceremony conducted by an authorized Alberta Marriage Commissioner

Marriages in Alberta are governed by Alberta Legislation.  If there are any questions, you may refer to:

bottom of page